Thinking of organizing? Contact the Organizing Department at 412-682-3700 ext. 141
Why You Need A Union
- A Union contract can get you seniority.
- Do you know what your wages and benefits will be for the next three (3) years?
Why Join A Union
- Union workers on average earn 30% more than non-Union workers.
The Truth About Union Dues
- Teamsters Local 249 does not charge Initiation Fees for new organizations.
- After the cotnract has been signed, any new employee will pay a one time Initiation Fee. This does not affect you.
- The monthly dues are based on your regular hourly wage no matter how much overtime you work.
- Dues can be deducted at the end of the year when you file your state income tax return. In some cases, your federal income tax return too.
- If Union's are so bad, then why are there 1.4 million Teamster Members?
Your Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act
Page Last Updated: Sep 14, 2018 (13:06:20)